Thursday, May 3, 2012

Superwoman

I am an artist
I am a teacher
I am a daughter
I am the mother of two dogs
I am a sister
I am a student
I am an athlete
I am a business owner/manager
I am a waitress
I am a book keeper
I am a yearbook adviser
I am a house cleaner
I am a girlfriend
I am someone's best friend
I am someone's friend
I am a cousin
I am a summer mom
I am a maid of honor
I am a writer
I am a child's organizer
I am the date keeper
I am a lover

I am Not Superwoman

I think a lot of people forget this. I have found that in the past two weeks I have catered to many things around me and have had little time left for myself. I was reminded of this when I saw a friend of mine while frantically getting myself lunch at the local coffee/catering shop. When I saw her, I couldn't even get my thoughts straight enough to say a simple, "Hello." A dumb complaint came out instead. She once told me that it's okay to put my "cape" away and be myself. Hopefully my brain and body will last through the night so that I may do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment